This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber at level 2. To apply you must be aged between 16 and 24 years, living in Fife and currently unemployed or not in a permanent/full time position and not in education. The modern apprenticeship is designed to train you in core skills whilst providing the opportunity to put your training into practice so at the end of the apprenticeship you have a qualification and a range of practical and professional skills that can help you in finding further employment in the rural sector.
Candidates will be:
- Working towards achieving a Modern Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber at level 2.
- Completing the necessary modules and training within the Apprenticeship.
- Gaining industry recognised qualifications such as; NPTC Level 2 in Chainsaw maintenance, crosscutting and felling up to 380mm and NPTC Level 2 in Safe use of a pole mounted pruner, Lantra Brushcutter and Trimmer operation.
- Completing practical activity to build up your experience in agreed areas that may include:
- Tree felling and pruning
- Tree identification
- Vegetation clearance
- Tree planting and protection
- Maintain and repair fencing and boundaries
- Sawmill and wood processing
- Towards the end of the apprenticeship undertake activity to improve your chances of securing your next job.
For more information: Contact us on 01337 858838, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at our website and video about Modern Apprenticeships on www.fiferuralskills.com/our-bright-future
No previous experience is necessary just a real interest in working in the rural sector, a desire to learn and develop as part of a small team and to work outdoors.
As part of the recruitment process we are running a 2-week Rural Skills Academy from the Tuesday 24th of September to Friday 4th of October that you must be able to attend. The Academy will give you the opportunity to find out more about the modern apprenticeship, working in the rural sector and being on site and working with the employing supervisor. You will also have the opportunity to complete a one-day First Aid course.
Interviews for the Modern Apprenticeship position will happen during the second week of the Academy, so you must take part in the Academy.
Whilst on the Academy you will retain any existing benefits and all travel will be paid for. If you are not receiving benefits you will be eligible for a training allowance of £55 per week.
The selection day for the Rural Skills Academy will be the 18th of September, which you must be able to attend.
To apply go to: https://my.opportunitiesfife.org/opportunities/All/31639
Closing date 6th September 2019.