This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Horticulture at level 2. To apply you must be aged between 16 and 24 years, living in Fife and currently unemployed or not in a permanent/full time position and not in education. The Modern Apprenticeship is designed to train you in core skills whilst providing the opportunity to put your training into practice so at the end of the apprenticeship you have a qualification and a range of practical and professional skills that can help you in finding further employment in the rural sector.
Candidates will be:
- Working towards achieving a Modern Apprenticeship in Horticulture at level 2.
- Completing the necessary modules and training within the Apprenticeship.
- Gaining industry recognised qualifications such as; NPTC Level 2 in Pesticide Application (PA1 and PA6 use of hand held equipment) and Lantra Brushcutter and Trimmer operation.
- Completing practical activity to build up experience in agreed areas such as:
- Plant identification
- Gardening and plant growing
- Tree planting and protection
- Invasive species removal
- Garden design
- Plant sales.
- Towards the end of the apprenticeship undertake activity to improve your chances of securing a job.
No previous experience is necessary just a real interest in working in the rural sector, a desire to learn and develop as part of a small team and to work outdoors.
As part of the recruitment process we are running a 2-week Rural Skills Academy, Tuesday 24th September to Friday 4th October that you must be able to attend. The Academy will give you the opportunity to find out more about the Modern Apprenticeship, working in the rural sector and being on site and working with the employing supervisor. You will also have the opportunity to complete a one-day First Aid course.
Interviews for the Modern Apprenticeship position will happen during the second week of the Academy, so you must take part in the Academy.
Whilst on the Academy you will retain any existing benefits and all travel will be paid for. If you are not receiving benefits you will be eligible for a training allowance of £55 per week.
The selection day for the Rural Skills Academy will be the 17th of September, which you must be able to attend.
To apply go to: https://my.opportunitiesfife.org/opportunities/All/31640
Closing date: 6th September 2019