This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber at level 2 for those aged between 16 and 24 years, based on Falkland Estate through the Our Bright Future programme.
The Modern Apprenticeship is designed to train you in core skills whilst providing the opportunity to put your training into practice so at the end of the Apprenticeship you have a qualification and a range of practical and professional skills that can help you in finding further employment in the rural sector.
Candidates will be:
- Working towards achieving a Modern Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber at level 2.
- Completing the necessary modules and training within the Apprenticeship.
- Gaining industry recognised qualifications such as; NPTC Level 2 in Chainsaw maintenance, crosscutting and felling up to 380mm and NPTC Level 2 in Safe use of a pole mounted pruner, Lantra Brushcutter and Trimmer operation.
- Completing practical activity to build up your experience in agreed areas that may include:
- Tree felling and pruning
- Tree identification
- Vegetation clearance
- Tree planting and protection
- Maintain and repair fencing and boundaries
- Towards the end of the Apprenticeship undertake activity to improve your chances of securing your next job.
Closing date is 23rd February 2018