This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Rural Skills (Estate Maintenance) at level 2 for those aged between 16 and 24 years, based at The Ecology Centre near Kinghorn, through the Our Bright Future programme.
The Modern Apprenticeship is designed to train you in core skills whilst providing the opportunity to put your training into practice, so at the end of the Apprenticeship you have a qualification and a range of practical and professional skills that can help you in finding further employment in the rural sector.
Candidates will be:
- Working towards achieving a Modern Apprenticeship in Rural Skills (Estate Maintenance) at level 2.
- Completing the necessary modules and training within the Apprenticeship.
- Gaining industry recognised qualifications such as; NPTC Level 2 in Pesticide application (PA1 and PA6 use of hand held equipment) and Lantra Brushcutter and Trimmer operation.
- Completing practical activity to build up experience in agreed areas which may include:
- General grounds maintenance
- Maintain and repair paths and surfaces
- Maintain and repair fencing and boundaries
- Gardening tasks
- Building activity
- Conservation tasks.
- Towards the end of the Apprenticeship undertake activity to improve your chances of securing a job.
To apply got to: https://my.opportunitiesfife.org/opportunities/apprenticeships/21003
Closing date: 23rd February 2018.