Description This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Horticulture at level 2 for those aged between 16 and 24 years, based on Cambo Estate near Kingsbarns through the Our Bright Future programme.
The Modern Apprenticeship is designed to train you in core skills whilst providing the opportunity to put your training into practice so at the end of the Apprenticeship you have a qualification and a range of practical and professional skills that can help you in finding further employment in the rural sector.
Candidates will be:
- Working towards achieving a Modern Apprenticeship in Horticulture at level 2.
- Completing the necessary modules and training within the Apprenticeship.
- Gaining industry recognised qualifications such as; NPTC Level 2 in Pesticide Application (PA1 and PA6 use of hand held equipment) and Lantra Brushcutter and Trimmer operation.
- Completing practical activity to build up experience in agreed areas such as:
- Plant identification
- Gardening and plant growing
- Tree planting and protection
- Invasive species removal
- Garden design
- Plant sales.
- Towards the end of the Apprenticeship undertake activity to improve your chances of securing a job.
Closing date: 23rd February 2018.