The Centre for Stewardship are recruiting!
Project Coordinator (Simple Shelters), download Job Description Project Coordinator (Simple Shelters) and Application form
Hut Building Supervisor (Simple Shelters), download Job Description of the Hut Building Supervisor (Simple Shelters) and Application form
Hut Building Assistant (Simple Shelters), download Job Description of the Hut Building Assistant (Simple Shelters) and Application form
Top things to note! The deadline for all these posts is Monday 15th January at 5pm. Complete the application form – do not send a CV as it will not be looked at. Interviews are scheduled for: Project Coordinator – Thursday 1st February, Hut Building Supervisor – Friday 2nd February and Hut Building Assistant – Monday 5th February.
About this project
Falkland Stewardship Trust in collaboration with Reforesting Scotland’s Thousand Huts Campaign and other project and academic partners (listed below) have secured funding to pilot a year of hut building and use on Falkland Estate. Our aim is to test out a concept and model that can be replicated and scaled-up on a national basis in coming years.
Our big idea is to involve a range of participants in the building and use of huts and other simple structures in outdoor environments as a means of:
- Providing quality skills training to enable people to gain competencies and move along the employment pathway e.g. to volunteering, training or work.
- Increasing confidence and self-efficacy as people realise their potential.
- Enhancing people’s wellbeing and sense of connection to the natural world.
- Experimenting together with ways of building great huts and teams.
- Creating a sustainable model of training in building and/or use of huts in the countryside as a social enterprise.
The majority of project participants will be drawn from a range of groups across Fife and further afield that engage people who are disadvantaged such as: lack of access to employment; financial poverty; social, economic or health factors; substance misuse; mental health issues; homelessness; low confidence or self esteem.
- Falkland Stewardship Trust (lead)
- Heriot Watt University (academic lead)
- University of Dundee
- Reforesting Scotland
- Falkland Estate Trust
- Fife Rural Skills Partnership
- NHS Fife – Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- Youth 1st – Fife
Enjoy images of previous hut building courses and construction on Falkland Estate.