An exciting opportunity to find out more about a career in the rural sector whilst developing skills and experience on a 6 week Academy. At the end of the Academy is the option to apply for paid Modern Apprenticeships in Trees & Timber, Horticulture or Rural Skills (Estate Management).
As part of the Academy you will be gaining work experience in the rural sector and an introduction to three land based Modern Apprenticeships whilst trying out a range of practical activities such as:
- tree identification, survey and pruning
- maintaining nature sites
- identifying and removing invasive species
- gardening and plant growing
You will also have the opportunity to complete the following training:
- First aid with forestry
- NPTC brushcutter and trimmer operation
Towards the end of the Academy you’ll be offered support looking at next steps, CV writing and interview skills. You will also be eligible to apply for the following Modern Apprenticeships:
- Trees and Timber, based at the Centre for Stewardship in Falkland, KY15 7AF
- Horticulture based at Cambo Estate, Near St Andrews, KY16 8QD
- Rural Skills (Estate Maintenance) based at The Ecology Centre in Kinghorn, KY3 9YG
Selection days for the Academy will be running on the 7th or 8th of February 2017.
No previous experience is necessary just a real interest in working in the rural sector.
Go to Opportunities Fife to apply and search for Rural Skills Academy (Job number 254). Closing date 29th January 2017.