Visitor and Venue Assistant (dated posted: 29.11.16)
16 hours per week, £national minimum wage, shifts to be agreed (may include weekend working).
You must meet with the Community Jobs Scotland criteria to be eligible to apply for this post (only open to unemployed 16 to 29 year olds who have a disability and or long term health condition and who are not on the Work Programme, Community Work Placement, Work Choice or Specialist Employment Support).
This is a great chance for someone interested in working with the public and enjoys events. You will join the events and venue team at the Centre for Stewardship. Working to the Events and Venue manager you will be part of this team delivering high quality venue facilities to our customers You will also work in our new Information Hub selling refreshments to visitors and providing them with information on the Estate.
This is a varied job and the following tasks and duties will be involved:
* Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
* Helping in practical ways to ensure the facilities are kept in good order (e.g. cleaning)
* Making sure the Information Hub is well stocked up with sellable goods and free leaflets.
* Assisting with set up and delivery of events including upkeep of the facilities, provision of refreshments, making sure IT equipment is working and other needs as required by delegates and participants.
* Working a till and handling cash
* Updating the website and other social media.
* Attending meetings with the events and venue team as well as wider team meetings.
* Work with volunteers
* Providing other support as required by the Events and Venue Manager.
For more information and how to apply, visit the Community Jobs Scotland website or ask at your local Job Centre for eligibility criteria.